What’s summer without a little fun and relaxation? The good news is you don’t have to sit in beach traffic every day or plan extravagant outings to make the most of the warmer weather. A little work to your yard and home can go a long way toward creating the perfect outdoor escape. It may mean tackling a few projects now, but once they’re out of the way, you can sit back and enjoy some fun in the sun.
Here are some potential summer home projects you could tackle:
- Pick out a spot in your yard and add a vegetable or fruit garden. While you’re at it, clear out the weeds, lay down some mulch, and plant some flowers or trees to give your yard a fresh new look.
- Is your deck starting to look a little worn? Give it a new coat of stain. The same goes for the exterior walls of your house – spruce them up with a new layer of paint.
- If you’re planning to enjoy a little outdoor cooking this summer, don’t forget to give your grill some attention and TLC before firing it up for burgers and hot dogs.
- Enjoy a free nature show by attracting a variety of birds to your yard. Put up a bird feeder and bird bath, and maybe even a bird house to help bring some new feathered friends your way.
- Brighten up the outside of your house with new accent lighting.
- Create a tranquility garden. Consider ideas such as a fountain or pond, fire pit, Japanese maple trees (for their shape, texture, and colorful foliage), fragrant plants like lilac and sweet bay, butterfly bushes, and porch swings or comfy chairs.
Putting in some work now to create your own backyard oasis will pave the way for good times all summer long!